There are a number of different methods available to achieve proper playback of our releases:
Not perfect quality and may fail in rare cases, but should work most of the time for most people.
- All Platforms: Get the latest version of VLC.
- Windows: Go to Tools -> Preferences -> Video and set Output to “OpenGL video output”, or you may get wrong levels.
These options require some command-line knowledge, manual reading and config-file tweaking.
- Windows: Download the recent build of mpv.
- Mac OS X: Download the recent build of mpv or compile it yourself.
- Linux: Install mpv from your distributor’s repos (if available, might also be VERY outdated) or compile it yourself using the mpv-build scripts.
I WANT MADVR / I’m too dumb for mpv
If you insist on having xyz-vs-sub-filter-mod-lol-wtf or MadVR …
- Windows: Install the Kawaii Codec Pack. Make sure to follow the directions on their page.
- Mac OS X & Linux: Nope.
Do not use under any circumstances
- Windows: Windows Media Player
- Linux: Anything that isn’t VLC, mpv or Kodi
- Mac OS X: Perian (or anything else that tries to hack mkv support into QuickTime)