The End

It has been over a year since I last subbed anything, and as a result, my mental health has improved a ton. I’m sure you know, but I have paranoid personality disorder, which I may have actually developed from fansubbing. But whether it came from fansubbing, something else, or if I was just born with it, I’ve managed to get it under control over the last year by engaging in other activities and with other people.

I don’t want to re-agitate it with all the progress I’ve made, so I am going to officially drop any open project I still have. I apologize to those waiting patiently for me.

ChrisK Edit: Everyone else is also (mostly) out. The website and tracker will stay up for the foreseeable future. Comments are disabled because we won’t read them.

198 Responses to The End

1. Th3avatar writes:

Thanks for all the fish! Good luck with the game that is life.

2. Peter writes:

Thanks for all your work so far. I am sure I can speak for the community to say we are all grateful for your help to giving us access to great shows with great subbing.

Coal girls will be missed.

3. Thanks for you hard work thru the years. It’s a pity to see that the fansubbing comunity is really dying, but so is life. Be happy.

4. Well writes:

Well, thanks for all your hard work up till now, nothing last forever but I hope someone will continue with this kind of quality. Good luck your team’s health as well for your team life.

5. QuantizedAnson writes:

Although the subtitles weren’t correct sometimes, you gave us all a good way to access and understand the anime titles. Thank you and your team for the fansubs.

6. Ararara-ra writes:

Best of lucks!
    Yup, this translating and etc. thing is fun, but quite a heavy burden to carry in a small group.

See you around the world! Maybe run into each other at an anime convention? lol

7. JD writes:

You’ve all given me so much joy, thank you so much. Godspeed you wonderful bastards and best of luck with life.

8. ThunderIce writes:

Thank you for all your hard work and quality releases over the years; you’ll definitely be missed by many. Your own wellbeing always comes first; glad to hear you’re feeling better.
    Thank you and good luck. Have a nice life.

9. Xavier writes:

Thanks a million times for sharing your hard work for all these years. Coalgirls was always my go to source for quality animes I wanted to keep, and along the years it pushed me to discover many new ones.
    Godspeed!

10. Dee writes:

i think Coalgirls did a wonderful job for us over the past few years and really, I’m pretty sure they’re not getting paid for all these so I’m just glad that they finish many of the stuff.

I’m sad you will be discontinuing but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for all you guys hard efforts throughout the years!

11. Shaun writes:

Glad that you’re feeling better!

12. Gritek writes:

Thank you so much for sharing what you have done so far. After that, I wish you success in real life.

13. Coalgirl fan writes:

Thanks for everything.

14. Koyomi writes:

what about the grand monogatari series. Please complete the monogatari series guys. please anyone of you guys please complete it.

15. reun100e writes:

If i want watch an anime, i will first search for a coalgirls release. It’s always CoalGirls first when it comes to quality and satisfaction. Thank you for everything. I was sad when i saw the Hiatus post; i was selfish then. Now i am glad because you have found happiness. Your contribution to the international anime community will always remain bright. Live on Happily. 😉

16. Tim0n3 writes:

Thanks for all the awesome releases- to everyone involved: You guys rock

Is the site gonna stay up for long?

17. Classic writes:

Always will be one of my favourite sub groups. Thank you for your contributions to the anime community!

18. Omar writes:

Good luck and hope you keep getting well and thank you for all the years you give us subs anime

19. mYst771 writes:

For everything done in the past, all your hard work and efforts to maintain this… Thank you!
    Have an incredible life after this “experience”!

20. RR writes:

Can you update the project pages?

21. kuro writes:

Thanks for all your hard work!

22. Ferchuu writes:

Thanks for everything! i love you, and your works, i’m a sudamerican follower and it was a really really pleasure to see your works

23. EBXXIV writes:

Thank you for everything over the years. My favourite fansub 🙂

24. HarvestMoon writes:

Good jobs like yours and good people like you, are both rare and few. Congratulations to you. I’m gonna miss these guys sooo much <3

25. klv12gcn writes:

Thank you for all your hard works for anime community.
    I wish you all the best with your daily life. Hope the happiness is always with you.
    Gonna miss you a lot! (T_T)

26. RIP writes:

Omg. These different fansub groups dying are hitting me hard. DCTP, UTW, and now coalgirls? wtf has the world come to? Seeing this “The End” posts are really depressing. Well, at the very least, DCTP did their farewell with a bang. So sad to see you go, guys. Here’s to ya’ll hopefully bright future.

27. Monkeydluff writes:

Thank u guys for everything over the years
    Wish u luck in your life

28. Anonymous writes:

Thanks for all the years of wonderfully subbed anime. You’ll be missed!

29. skyhack writes:

Wow. Well, good luck, be strong, and THANKS FOR THE SUBS!!

30. MArk writes:

Stay strong. Just wondering, why fan-subbing would make you mentally weaker like that?

31. aarin writes:

Good job on winning real life! Take care from now on!

32. Ziken writes:

Thanks for all the hard works you’ve put in.

You guys DO deserve something better and at least for something you guys wants to do. And it excellent to see that there are some peeps that actually support your group decisions to depart.

Thank you for sticking in that long, but best of wishes to you guys for your future and may you guys succeed in achieving your goals that is not fansubbing.

33. Amido writes:

Oh is that so.

Thanks for your hard works.

I really enjoyed watching your works.

Good luck.

34. SciCarrie writes:

I came to the party late, but thank you all so much for the works of love you’ve put in over the many years. I’ve seen, am seeing, and will see so many great shows as a result of your toils. I wish you all the best for your future lives and I hope you will always remember that when you’re facing a strong headwind, that’s the best condition in which to take flight.

Good luck, have fun, and win awards. ☮&❤️

35. Anonymous writes:

Thanks for everything over the years! I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know what’s happening with the projects, group, and the site. Stay in good health and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

36. MelloMaster writes:

Well shit, I’m about a month late from seeing the post but I guess it had to come to end. Thank you for everything you guys have done over the past years. You guys were the first fansub group I found out about and was recommended to watch. You guys have put out consistent and awesome subs that I don’t know what else to say. Keep living life the way you want and to the best you can. Best of luck to your futures.

37. Mustafa Asaad writes:

Thanks for your hard work through the years.
    Good luck in your life and have fun <3 .

38. Lokiblase writes:

Thank you for everything. It was a great time. Good luck for the future!

39. RedRage writes:

so this is the end huh? thx for everything

40. atomicat writes:

thank you, coalgirls, for all the subs you’ve shared these years. your team was one of my favorites. I’m sorry that you’re done with subbing but I’m glad that your health has improved . Cheers to you and have a wonderful life!

41. Nomi writes:

If only you could teach me your ways and I could take take on the mantle. I mean I ado know everything, but I don’t really have as much experience.

It’s a shame you’re going. I hope the website stays up.

Last, but the most important: Thanks.

42. GNA000 writes:

Thanks for everything

43. Hewl writes:

Thank you for everything.If quitting fansub help with your health then nice.good luck in the future

44. Ben McBeen writes:

THANK YOU! God… THANK YOU SO MUCH for all you have done. Your work is exquisite and cherished. I’m so glad to hear that things are well, and sad to hear your hobby may have caused such pain. It’s awesome to hear you are recovering.

Be well.

45. coops writes:

its a sad day for the collectors of anime you will be much missed the coalgirls tag is known far and wide and is recognised as a stamp of quality THANKS for all you hard work and all the best to you for the future

46. impactQ writes:

I have to say thank you guys very much. I really appreciate everything you guys have done for us. Glad to know that you are doing well now and you should keep that up. Your health is very important. Thanks again for all the years you guys have selflessly donated to us. Best of luck to the whole team at Coalgirls!

47. Dv4d writes:

Really enjoyed Coalgirls releases, thanks guys and good luck in all your endeavors!

48. Shay writes:

Thank you for everything <3 All your work's always been and will always be much appreciated by me; probably my favourite source for anime whenever available. I'm sad to see you go but I'm happy to hear it's for good reasons and that you're heading in a better direction. Good luck with everything in the future 🙂

49. hermanni writes:

Damn shame about Monogatari series.

50. Perfect writes:

Last series name is Owarimonogatari.
    Perfect name for ending <3